Money Reader

This weekend, I had the privilege of attending New Jersey's Division of Parent's of Blind Children Conference: When I Grow Up. I met many incredible families and VI professionals who had much valuable information to share.

Today I would like to share an Apple application that I had the opportunity to experience at the conference.

For years, individuals with visual impairment have had their own ways of insuring they received the correct change when in the community. Some always used their credit card or wrote checks to avoid the need for change. Others requested their change in all $1 dollar bills so that they could count their change back to themselves.

Now, with the LookTel Money Reader Application, individuals with visual impairment can easily determine if they received the correct change. The LookTell Money Reader uses an Apple devices's camera to instantly identify currency and speak its value. 

When looking for a video of the application to share, I found that LookTel has an entire line of awesome applications for Individuals with Visual Impairment. Check them out and let us know what you think! LookTel Demo


Comments